Evansville is a city in Indiana. It is rich in flora and fauna. It has various zoos and parks like Mesker Zoo, Garvin Park and a lot more. The tremendous history which the city holds is preserved and exhibited through museums. It also allows tourists to seek enjoyment with casinos and sight-seeing.
Places to visit:
- Mesker Park Zoo– It was opened in the year 1928. It is a home to various species like tigers & giraffes and more than other 700 animal species. It is situated in an area of 45-acres & also has a botanical garden.
- Angel Mounds State Historic Site- It was settled in the year 1966. It was left banished in the late 1400s. It exhibits history camps, lectures, festivals & hiking trails.
- Tropicana Evansville Casino- It was started in the year 1995. It features a resort with 2 hotels & a 24-hour casino, along with 4 restaurants & fitness centers.
- Children’s Museum of Evansville – It was formed in the year 1931. It offers eventful and lively exhibits.
- Reitz Home Museum- It was established in the year 1871. It has period furnishings & renowned French architecture with guided tours.
- USS LST- 325 – It was opened in the year 1942. It features guided tours of the World War II-era naval landing ship.
- Garvin Park- It was settled in the year 1915. It offers ancient historical bandstand & stone bridges.
Places to stay:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Evansville- It has modern rooms with an indoor pool, free breakfast, parking & airport shuttle service.
- Double Tree by Hilton Evansville- It is a modern architecture hotel with a dining, a bar, an outdoor pool & a fitness room.
- Econo Lodge- It is a classy hotel with free breakfast, Wi-fi, an outdoor pool & banquet facility.
- Howard Johnson by Wyndham- It is a top-class hotel pool & a gym, free breakfast & Wi-Fi.
- Motel 6 Evansville Inn- It is an elegant hotel with stylish rooms along with free Wi-fi, parking & morning coffee.